Thursday 25 August 2011

went and wrote another poem, this time it isn't about spiders.

this one's a bit happier. it's called "Words and friends."


perhaps I should start
with Hello
or hi, or hey, or how are you.
I think its what I want
to say
to start off something big and new.

The other word, thats in
my head
is thankyou, what a thing to hear,
Is sticks to every thing
you find
and makes it happy and sincere.

But what are words that cross
my mind
if I don't use them differently?
the words are only
little things
string them together, why don't we?

Conversation, now we're
there
we're at the bit that that's built to last.
We do it right, we make
it work
the fragile words are flying fast.

Perhaps I ask you what
you like
you answer, and I listen in.
its nice that we are
so alike
though at this point, the friendship's thin.

We keep it going,
never stop
until we reach a final bit.
There's nothing more for us
to know
about each other, and that is it.

Now that we're friends it
doesn't mean
that there are no more words to say.
We garble sounds and write
them down
to use them for another day.

Sorry is one of
those things
that is never heard just only once.
Like thankyou, it's said
a million times
it never loses importance.

Perhaps we should make up
more words
because my list is growing thin.
I cannot think of much
to say
without repeating everything.

Now that we're friends, and
close enough
to know each other through and through
the words we use once
and again
will always be around for you.

So there we are, at least
for now
we have a friend, and words and sound.
Its always nice to write
things down
and share them when you are around.

So sorry, is what I might have
to say,
or thankyou, or lets meet again.
We started with hello,
and then
we got to friendship in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment